If you check this orthodontist website in Melbourne (Caulfield, Australia) you will find what it means to be a good orthodontic practitioner. Have you heard about braces? they are used to help people get healthier mouths. Braces are used to move teeth into the right place and fixing this problem early will help you get a healthier mouth because crooked teeth are hard to clean, which puts you at risk for things like gum disease and cavities. Orthodontists used x-rays and other different tools to find the right treatment for their patients, but braces are their biggest service.
When do you Get Braces?
Most orthodontic patients start treatment when they are in their pre-teens to mid-teens. This is the best time because child’s heads and their mouths are still growing, and it makes straightening their teeth easier but braces can be worn at any age. More adults are getting braces to fix their smile.
How to Take Care of Your Mouth
Braces can accumulate food and plaque under the tiny spaces between them and your teeth. This can lead to problems with your teeth including white spots, staining, gum diseases, and tooth decay. This is why it is very important that people with braces brush as well as floss their teeth after every meal. The way that you teeth look after the braces come off is due to how well their teeth were taken care of when they were on the patient.
Braces are made out of brackets, wires, and bands. They are used to move teeth into the right place in the patient’s mouth. And they can help fix the way that people bite together. There are a few different kinds of braces, the most common ones are plastic and metal brackets that are attached to the outside of the teeth. Lingual braces are ones that are hidden on the back of the teeth, and these braces are harder to clean than the common braces.
Practicing Good Teeth Care
- It is best if you used tools that are designed for braces. These are things like electric toothbrushes, floss threaders, and interdental brushes; all of these tools were specifically designed for orthodontic work.
- You also want to brush your teeth with toothpaste that has fluoride in it and floss after every meal.
- And use antibacterial mouthwash to clean and disinfect your braces.
- You also don’t want to chew on things, like ice cubes, straws, and pens.
- And you don’t want to bite your nails or mess with the elastics on the braces.
- And while it might be hard if you have a favorite food, you don’t want to eat any sticky food as well as hard stuff. This can break your braces or get food stuck in your braces.